The Versatile Blogger Award.
Big thank you to my lovely new friend, Lily, from LearningLily.com for nominating me! She is so thoughtful and kind, and it amazes me how beautifully professional her blog is even though she’s only had it for a few months. You can read her Versatile Blogger Award post here and i recommend also reading her reflection on her first month as a blogger because, whether you’re a brand new blogger or have had your blog for a long while, it’s a good reminder to be fair to yourself as you grow!
So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award?
Blogger awards are a fun way for bloggers to show appreciation for other bloggers and their content. Blogging is harder work than it may look like from the outside, so it means the world when we are shown in any way that we are appreciated! The Versatile Blogger Award celebrates high quality, unique, and loving content. When nominated, the blogger can choose to accept the nomination and pass it on to 15 bloggers that they believe deserve a nomination as well.
The rules to accept this award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link their blog. There are millions of blogs out there, and somebody chose yours!
- Nominate 15 bloggers to keep spreading the appreciation.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Thank you for being you, and for shining so beautifully through your blog! It’s an honor to know you.?
Seven Facts About Alissa from Story Behind The Cloth:
- I wish i could be a hippie. I would love to have a more simple life and just happily live on the road. So easily, i get sick of mundane routine and desperately want to be free to just up and travel when i please.
- Over the past couple years, my anxiety has gotten really bad. Even fun and simple things to do (Like accepting this nomination!…which has taken me about a week to respond.) take a ton of effort that i often struggle to muster up when i’m having a panic attack. Those happen much more frequently than i’d like to accept. But i’m slowly learning to be more kind to myself, allow myself the breaks i need to be mentally healthy, and be willing to pamper myself when i’m having an anxiety attack…Doesn’t always help right away, and sometimes the panic attack still lasts for days, but i find myself more capable in the end and it feels less severe when i give myself what i need.
- I love anime. My current favorites are Steins Gate, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, and Hunter x Hunter.
- I’m obsessed with cheesecake, pasta, coffee, and chocolate.
- I used to hate fashion trends because of the belief that the act of obsessively following them squelches creativity. Now i love studying them because i think they give a fascinating look into where society is currently at. They unite the fashion community in a way that visually sheds light on the current strengths, struggles, and hopes of humanity. I may not follow them all myself (and still think that obsession with them is an unhealthy trap), but i strongly admire them, think they are fun, and love seeing a person honestly embrace a trend as one that they can relate with.
- I’m re-learning who i am, after going from being a passionate Christian to becoming Agnostic. It’s really hard to make sense of your identity when the beliefs which you were certain made you who you are, disappear. I’m still me, but a lot of the time i don’t know why, or what that really means.
- My favorite kind of book is a textbook. And yes, i know how weird that is! But they are so informative and to the point…And the especially well-written ones can even be entertaining in the examples they give. My favorites are any subject having to do with humanities and social sciences. Especially anthropology!
I want to nominate some of my Twitter friends this time around! I’ve met so many of you, especially in the last couple months, and you’ve been such a pleasure and encouragement in my blogging journey… I love and admire you all and don’t feel i could possibly be more grateful to have such an amazing new group of friends!
- @LenaDeexo: Lena, Lena Dee XO.
- @AllLadyA: Alix, All Lady A.
- @GwenBielicki: Gwen, Reckless Resale.
- @SavanaRae098: Savana, Official Savana Rae.
- @D_LuckyLoveLife: Deanna, Lucky.Love.Life.
- @ASouthernGirl_L: Lia, A Southern Girl, Lia.
- @findmyway37: Matt, Finding My Way.
- @_alicesusandee_: Alice, A Lot on Your Mind.
- @ivyroseknows: Ivy, Ivy Rose Knows.
- @lipsoverlattes: Donna, Lipstick Over Lattes.
- @HavClothWilTrav: Lindsey, Have Clothes, Will Travel.
- @aliceinwlust: Alice, Alice in Wonderlust.
- @sophie_sierra: Sophie, Soinspo.
- @hellobexa: Bexa, Hello Bexa.
- @CheyenneMGales: Cheyenne, Not So Faux.