Thank you so much for nominating me for this blogger award Imaan, from TheAugustClause!
It was a huge honor and huge surprise. Am i allowed to nominate you back? Whether that’s allowed or not, i want to nominate you too. You deserve the award a third time!
So, i got a Liebster Award! Totally unexpected since i got back to blogging just days ago and have only just gotten started. I’ve reblogged one of TheAusustClause’s posts, but if you haven’t visited her blog before, i highly recommend that you check it out. She’s super a sweet and authentic fashion and lifestyle blogger, and her posts are all very down to earth and relatable.
For the award nomination, she prepared 11 questions for me and her 7 other nominees to answer. So i will be answering those in this post, along with 11 facts about myself:
11 Spontaneous Facts
- I don’t like the word “random”. Don’t believe such a thing truly exists. I believe there’s always at least some degree of meaning and purpose behind everything. That’s why i labeled these facts “spontaneous” instead.
- In 2 days, i’m moving from Southern California to North Idaho. My whole family, plus boyfriends (mine and my 18-year-old sister’s) are all going. That makes nine us of. Adventure!
- I don’t capitalize the pronoun “i”, because it’s the only pronoun that is grammatically required to be capitalized–i feel that is too self-exalting, so i like to break that rule as a statement of equality and to remind myself to be humble.
- My closet is organized entirely by color.
- I used to go barefoot everywhere. You could find me walking carefree around Disneyland carrying a pair of flip-flops, just in case a cast member told me that i can’t get be without shoes. This was just about four years ago when i started wearing shoes again. It lasted at least a couple years. As weird as it is, i miss the feeling of strength, balance, and connectedness with the world around me that i got from that season of life.
- I’m working on overcoming perfectionism.
- As far back as i can remember, i’ve wanted to travel. Really, really travel. Living as nomadically as possible is ideal to me. It makes me ache to think about it because the chances haven’t really come up yet.
- I was home-schooled, and mostly in charge of my own education.
- My boyfriend and i met at a ballroom and salsa dance class in July 2015. Very quickly, he became my best friend and the love of my life.
- I’m the oldest of 5 kids.
- I don’t like the idea of settling on one thing to do for the rest of my life. Trying to choose a career path has been hectic.
What made you start blogging?
I wanted a new creative outlet and thought it would be fun to analyze fashion as a mode of storytelling in a way that is applicable to real life. I care about understanding more than just about anything and believe that if we all were to try to understand each other better, the world would be a much better place.
What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Don’t get caught up in your audience. Especially the numbers. Even if you want more than anything for your blog to be interactive. Consider them and what they may like to read, but write first for yourself and your own enjoyment or exploration. Don’t stop writing just because there’s no evidence that anybody is reading and enjoying your work. I got caught up in that just after my second post and ended up not coming back for over a year! If you really want readers, engage with the blogging community, find people with common interests, and don’t be afraid to tell everybody you know that you’re starting up a blog.
Are you an introvert or extrovert?
No doubt an introvert. When in an excellent mood, i can certainly be pretty outgoing and love talking with people, but i definitely find myself drained after a social interaction, need (and love!) time to myself every so often, and tend to keep my thoughts to myself until they’ve been fully processed and proved to be presentable.
What’s your favourite colour? and why?
That simple question is a tough one for me. I love color. My favorite colors change pretty often, because they can be so conceptual and full of meaning to me. Right now shades of green have become my favorite…Especially with a slight hint of teal. It’s a refreshing color, and i feel like i need that in my life right now, when so much has felt so chaotic.
Which city would you love to visit someday?
Another tricky one! Right now, Tokyo is at the top of the list, with Rome and Beijing following. There’s too many places i would like to go beyond those though, and i have an easier time thinking about it by country.
Bags or shoes?
Shoes. I have one bag i use most, and sometimes i wish i could do without lugging it around everywhere. It would probably do me good to get some new ones, but i prefer them more discrete and lightweight or out of the way.
Which book has left you feeling inspired?
It’s been too long since i’ve sat down to truly enjoy an actual book. The last book that i read that left me inspired was my Cultural Anthropology textbook. I’ve been longing to have more time for reading. Hoping that time will free up after moving. I have so many books waiting to be read, but i would love some suggestions as well!
Do you prefer late nights or early mornings?
Late nights. I used to be the early morning type, enjoying the productivity gained from being up before everybody else. But night time is a much more creative time for me right now, and getting up in the morning isn’t nearly as pleasant or rewarding as it felt for me a few years ago.
How about my current favorite fashion quote?
“Faster than anything else, what we wear tells the story of who we are–or who we want to be. It is the most immediate form of self-expression.” ~Frances Corner
If you could be any blogger for a day, who would it be?
I can’t really give an answer to this at this time. Though i’ve been reading blogs for years, i haven’t really started following any until super recently… So i am still more aware of the content of blogs, rather than the bloggers themselves and the fullness of their blogs. But, i suppose i’d want to be one who has gained a lot of insight on many aspects of running a blog, engaging their readers and how that all works. I’d want most to learn from that one day of experience as another blogger.
What type of blog content/ posts do you like/ prefer reading?
I love reading things that cause me to think about something in a way that i may not have before, or at least that i have not thought about for a while. I like reading content that shows that the writer put a lot of thought, maybe some good research, and/or a whole lot of heart into what they wrote. It can be just about any sort of subject–just as long as it takes me into the mind of somebody else, and maybe sheds more light of understanding on the topic.
This is what you have to do:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (and tell them they’ve been nominated)
- Ask them 11 questions
- What impact do you hope your blog will have on your readers?
- Why did you begin blogging in the first place?
- Is being a blogger what you expected it to be?
- Do you have an article of clothing that you feel represents who you are? If so, what is it and why do you feel that way?
- If you could change anything about the way the world currently is, what would you change?
- Is there anything you would change about yourself?
- What is something you hope will never change about who you are?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- Any topics you would/do feel uncomfortable blogging about?
- What inspires you?
- What are 5 simple things that bring you joy in life?